- Area: 309,500 sq. km.
- Neighbouring Countries: Yemen Arab Republic, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Capital: Muscat
- Major Cities: Salalah, Nizwa, Sur, Sohar
- Climate: Hot and humid coastal areas, dry desert interiors, strong southwest summer monsoon (May to September) in far South
- Population: 4,430,197 (July 2016, Source:NCSI)
- Official language: Arabic.
- Official religion: Islam is the .
- Life Expectancy: 75.2 years
- Population Growth Rate: 2.07% (2015)
- Population Density: 7.5
- Type: A bicameral system.
- The Council of Oman consists of the Consultation Council and the State Council.
- The Consultation members are elected by the Omani citizens, and the State Council members are appointed by HM The Sultan.
- National Day: 18th November.
- Head of State: His Majesty Sultan Bin Qaboos Bin Said.
- Currency: Rial Omani (OR) of 1,000 baizas = US$2.58
The national economy is based on justice and the principles of a free economy. The country is heavily dependent on oil, however the government is working towards economic diversification. Other sources of income include agriculture, industry and tourism.